Here is the selection I promised!
Come on Abbie! We need to find Star! She's only a baby! Come on girl! We'll find her! We have to!"
The two cantered off and into the woods. And then, into a clearing. Then, Abbie halted. She smelled something. And Marrissa got worried. Abbie never halted like that unless, danger lurked. Marrissa saw something big move in the mountain range ahead of her. Abbie charged it!
"Abbie no! It might be dangerous! No girl! Slow down! Whoa!"
But nothing was halting the horse. Pulling the rains, turning in a circle, nothing. The horse kept going. Finally, she went to a trot. And then a walk. But, not until they were close to the something that had moved. Marrissa gulped. She just hoped it wasn't a hungry animal. Then, she heard a scream. It sounded like a little girl. Then, she heard a horse whine!
"I'm coming Star! I'm coming!"
Again, she heard a little girl scream. This time, there was words.
"Help! Help! I'm being attacked! HELP!"
Marrissa rode quickly over the ridge. She halted when she saw, the little girl, staring up at StarLight. Scared to death.
* * *
"HOLD ON! I'LL GET YOU!"
Marrissa didn't really know who she was addressing. All she knew was that her horse was scared an so was a little girl. Why wasn't the mom near by?! Or a family member or something?!
"HELP! This horsey is going to eat me all up! HELP!"
"I'm coming sweetie."
This time, she was addressing the little girl. She hopped off Abbie and tied her reins to a rock that was sticking up. She noticed that StarLight still had her halter on.
"Ok honey, just crawl over here to me. This horesy will not hurt you!"
"O, ok. Are you sure lady?"
"Yes sweetie. I'm very sure."
And all of the sudden StarLight stopped moving. The little girl crawled on by and rapped her arms around Marrissa's neck and started crying.
"What is your name hon?"
"Olivia."
"That is very pretty. I'm Marrissa. Where is your mommy and daddy?"
"I don't got a daddy. And my mommy isn't here. I don't know where she is!"
The little girl cried again. Marrissa knew that she was going to have to take the little girl home. She plopped her up on Abbie and then swung up behind her.
"Hold onto the saddle horn Olivia."
"This?"
"Uh huh."
"Ok."
Marrissa grabbed starlight and ponied her home. When she got home, she saw that all her friends where there. They must have had no luck searching.
Hope you like it. This is one of my favorite parts in the book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment