Yesterday I had a riding lesson and I got to ride Leo. I was thinking "Yes! Finally a calm horse after Febe!" But man I was SOOOOOO wrong!!!!!! (Here is an attitude description of Leo. Calmest horse you'll meet.) I got in the stall and he was antsy, I just thought that it was because he wanted to go out and be ridden, I got out to the arena and he kept trying to bite me! So, I slapped him in the face and hopped on. He refused to walk so I kept stopping and going, stopping and going. Finally Jill told me I could trot, but then he just wanted to canter! I was so confused! With Leo I've always gotta urge him on to even trot! So Again, stop and go, stop and go. Then... (This is the kinda funny kinda scary part.) he started doing the bunny hop! I'm not kidding! All four legs off the ground at the same time jumping up and down. After about ten minutes I got him to stand still and Jill (My instructor) told me to get off and she was going to try ride him out of it. First though, she kicked him in the stomach really hard. She didn't take my helmet though when she got on. When she hopped on and let him canter. Then, he reared. I freaked out because she didn't have a helmet on. Then he did it again, and he was vertical! Like a straight line! Now, I was kinda laughing because it was a totally different horse! She hopped off and kicked him again and hit him with the reins. She told Ann (A girl who works there to pay for her lessons) to get her a lunge rope and a whip. Right after she put the line on, he went into a full pledged canter and then gallop! Ann, Jill and I were all in hysterics! This wasn't the Leo we all knew! It was crazy! He fell on his side once and his bottom once too I think. After about twenty plus minutes he was calmed down and soooooo sweaty! He was completely drenched with sweat. He smelled like a wet dog. *Yuck* Jill got on for a few minutes and then let me on. I was giggling still, and after I got on, it was the same old Leo.
So yeah, that is my very funny, odd and maybe even scary story! I'm tellin' yeah... there is never a dull moment when it comes to horses!
(Note: Don't worry, Leo wasn't hurt at all during this lesson. He is such a huge animal, so don't worry. If anyone would have got hurt, it would have been either me or Jill. All the slapping, kicking, and falling probably didn't fase him at all really! I just thought I'd let you know that!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment